Friday, December 09, 2011

THE iDOLM@STER - Episode 23


Bad End? ;__;

Episode Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (5/5)

And the drama just keeps on coming. After a refreshing and lighthearted Christmas episode, we now get depressing and shocking content. What happened in the end completely left me speechless; never have I been in a situation where a show that screams "moe" has left me in my current state. Now my hopes for a happy ending (i.e. a concert) are starting to crumble. With only two episodes to go, it'll be interesting to see how the story will continue. Will we get a bad ending where everyone is depressed? Or will something miraculous happen allowing the idols to start off the New Year with a bang? I'm personally hoping for the latter but, realistically speaking, the injuries sustained from the accident might prevent that from happening. This week's wait will definitely be a tough one...

Being a Miki fanboy, I feel that Miki had not said/done anything wrong in this episode. This is all up for debate however as there are people who think differently. Below are a few people who feel the same way as I do about this controversial topic:

"Miki was perfectly normal in 23. Haruka was the foolish one. What the hell, they’re competing for the lead role, it’s obvious that they should show will to win. Haruka lacks the will to win, so she isn’t suited for the lead role, she doesn’t deserve it. It would be unfair for Miki who really is giving her best, not some half-assed “let’s all be happy together and don’t struggle for one’s better future”. [...] I hope someone (Chihaya maybe? Miki?) gives Haruka good slap (not literally) when she starts doing it next episode to make her pull herself together." — Progeusz @ UTW

"i dont think that Miki did anything wrong.. its natural in this business to be as selfish as her.. and for her for not being able to read the atmosphere, its part of her character with all its positives and negatives.." — Doelass @ MAL

"As for Miki's intrusion, it was impolite but understandable. She views Haruka as a legitimate rival, so she can't give her even the tiniest window of opportunity to be close to Producer (and honestly, it seemed as if Haruka was about to confess before Miki interrupted). I can only imagine things will get uglier between the two next ep after this incident." — Freeter @ AnimeSuki

"Everyone else are living the life that they dreamed. All seemed to be moving forward. We felt something for Haruka as she clings to such happy moments and feels that she's being left in the dust by rest. Even though she could be more subtle, I don't blame Miki for telling the truth when it's rather obvious and such pleasantries would look spurious." — inisipis @ AnimeSuki

Simply put, there are good reasons that justify Miki's actions. Whether or not one agrees is a totally different story. I personally feel that she had no malicious intent when she told Haruka that it's better if they don't work together and when she interrupted the conversation between Haruka and Producer.

On a more comedic note, R.I.P BROducer. You will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a little harsh. And being a fanboy doesn't help your case. (Not trying to be offensive) Personally I like Miki more than Haruna but Ep 23 curbstomped that. Haruna is trying to be good friend and need I remind you that the final concert is actually more important than all the other Idols' events, not including Chihaya whose overseas recording is extremely important. Miki was a b1tch in this episode, honestly, a friend who's trying to provide support and gets brushed away callously. Try putting yourself in Haruna's place, wouldnt you get hurt lots? And would you PERSONALLY feel you would do the same to Haruna if you were Miki? Btw, my name is Darren, but I just put anoymous for the heck of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous
    First, let me clear things up in case you're misunderstanding. I don't hate Haruka at all. In fact, I think she has a wonderful personality and has been the one keeping the whole group together.

    Your comment about a friend trying to provide "support" is valid, but you have to look at it from Miki's point of view, too. If you were in a competition for something with your friend, do you really believe working together is the best thing to do? True, Miki responded in a not-so-polite way but that she isn't wrong for saying what she said.

    If I were to put myself in Haruka's place, yeah, I'd probably be depressed. But then again, I wouldn't repress my feelings and act like nothing is wrong when I'm obviously in distress. And I agree with Miki telling Haruka that "working together" is not the right way to go when it came to the competition for the lead role. However, I would try to be less "harsh."

    Honestly, as a Miki fanboy, I have a bad feeling about episode 24. For some reason, I feel like she's going to start blaming Haruka for the accident, leading to more haters. Apparently, Miki's character is much better in the game. Anyways, thanks for your comment and I hope this reply answers your questions.

    ReplyDelete